SAFLOTE Double Carcass Anti-pollution Floating Hose
Offshore Marine Hoses
Saflote anti-pollution hoses incorporate a double carcass system; a primary carcass surrounded by a secondary carcass – in essence a hose within a hose. Both carcasses are independently secured to integral hose end fittings.
In the unlikely event that the primary carcass fails the secondary carcass remains intact. Having been unstressed prior to the failure the secondary carcass has all the required strength and containment capabilities to take over, thus containing the oil and preventing oil spillage and associated environmental damage.
- The primary carcass functions independently from the secondary carcass
- In accordance with OCIMF the secondary carcass fully withstands the prototype burst test used in proving the primary carcass
- The secondary carcass does not fatigue in normal service
- Even after long and arduous hose service the secondary carcass can still contain a primary carcass burst or leak
- All Saflote hoses incorporate a robust and maintenance free warning system, which provides clear evidence of primary carcass failure
- The effectiveness of the warning system is not compromised by the environmental conditions
Standards and Specifications
As a minimum, Dunlop Oil & Marine Safgard hoses fully meet the requirements of the Oil Companies International Marine Forum publication “Guide to Purchasing, Manufacturing and Testing of Loading and Discharge Hoses for Offshore Moorings”, latest edition, (commonly referred to as “OCIMF Hose Guide” ).
All hoses are manufactured under a quality system which is fully accredited to ISO 9001:2000 and API Q1 standards. Manufacture is in full compliance with the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 97/23/EC and, following assessment under module H, hoses are CE branded where required.
Dunlop Oil & Marine offshore loading hose designs also satisfy individual specifications prepared by major companies.