High Pressure Flexible Lines
ContiTech has over 50 years of experience at the forefront of bonded flexible pipe technology and we continue to strive to extend the performance boundaries of our products to meet the ever more challenging demands of our global customers.
Bonded flexible pipes offer a high degree of design freedom and to exploit this to the full, our expert teams are able to draw on the very latest R&D systems and processes.
Our in-house design software has been continually refined over many years and is used in conjunction with the most up to date finite element analysis (FEA) systems for both static and dynamic modelling. This allows us to adapt the specification to your specific application through the inclusion or adjustment of many features and parameters:
- built-in neck reinforcement to prevent over-bending of the hose
- the bending stiffness of the complete hose body can be increased or, in some cases, reduced
- swivels can be fitted if the hose is exposed to severe twist, e.g. in moonpool applications
- a variety of external protection is available, including interlocking stainless steel outer wrap, heavy duty moonpool protection, plastic spiral
- integral rubber bumpers can be added to the exterior of the hose to absorb localised impact energy
- self-regulating electric heating cables can be incorporated in the hose body for use in extreme cold conditions
- for applications in restricted spaces, Tauro™Fit preformed hoses can be specified
- our patented splicing technology allows the use of long length hose lines
- a range of ancillary components, such as safety clamps, lifting collars etc. is available
ContiTech’s design capabilities are backed up by a fully equipped in-house test facilities which include high frequency pressure pulsation, burst test upto 4,000 bar (58,000 psi), bending tests, fire test, chemical compatibility testing etc.